Author Topic: Ka-Poof  (Read 44 times)

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Ka-Poof
« on: August 08, 2018, 01:11:52 PM »
So, on the ride back from Stoner last night, the tach on the SRX started acting more flakey than usual.  On the last straight stretch right before the old Art Knapp's, the needle started going wild, and I could hear the tach start to whine and growl through my earplugs.  It got so violent for a bit that the tip of the needle broke off.  Then it went silent and showed no rpm.  And then it was loud, and then it was silent again.  I rode it to work this morning, the howl from the tach was even louder than last night and the need gyrations more violent. It eventually just quit.  I tried to open it up, but only succeeded in trashing the bezel and glass.  New one on order from eBay.  The tach isn't actually original to that bike, it's actually from a 1970's Yamaha sled, and I managed to find the exact same one.
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ka-Poof
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:03:03 AM »
Mechanically actuated I am assuming?

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Ka-Poof
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
Now mechanically inactuated.
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.