Author Topic: Exhaust Repair  (Read 199 times)

Luke

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Exhaust Repair
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:57:41 AM »
My rebuild bike must have been dropped because the handle bar is bent over and both right hand exhaust horns split and broke off near the header weld.

Any recommendations on someplace in PG that can repair a break like this? I'm thinking of a welded on sleeve that could go around the break on the muffler. the break is clean through circumference of the pipe. Rust took out the little that was holding it together.

Or if anyone knows were I could buy a good second hand one.... new aftermarket 2 into 2 setups have proven difficult to locate. Its all 2 into 1 out there.

Much thanks- Luke

Luke

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Repair
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:25:38 PM »
my quest for the elusive 2 into 2 exhaust continues.... any second hand left sides out there?

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust Repair
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 10:40:25 AM »
Watching your progress, but can't offer any assistance.  I am assuming you have tried New Life Cycle in Williams Lake.  Other than Dave at NLC, or Ebay and being prepared to pay huge shipping, I don't know where you'll find the exhaust pipes you are looking for.

I understand the desire to restore to stock simply because many of our Club members are of that view.  However, your exhaust problem is exactly why I never give a fart about replacing stock with aftermarket stuff that may be completely different; it is readily available and usually cheap.

Peace & Grease, Dennis