Author Topic: electricity  (Read 90 times)

Donovan

• Club Member
    • View Profile
electricity
« on: May 13, 2018, 12:03:38 PM »
Saw this ad in the Vancouver Sun.  Maybe this is the way it will be in another 20 years or less.
https://motorino.ca/motorino-xml

stevecrout

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
Re: electricity
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 07:59:54 PM »
I wonder if the generations who now enjoy the internal combustion engine (that would be us) are the last of the last and will likely be the ones turning out the lights on the way out the door. I don't get the impression there is the same fascination with moving engine parts and tinkering with performance issues or taking them all apart just because.  There might be a few die-hards left in the community but I think we are looking at the end of this era.

Maybe the ladies had it right all along.  For many, the choice for a car wasn't the engine size or type or the suspension system used, it was the colour of the car and how it would match the house. We appear to be moving more and more in that direction and maybe that's not a bad thing but I think I'll keep my old ironhead around to fire up for as long as I can on Sunday mornings just to remind my neighbours it was a glorious time for any of us lucky enough to have been caught up in the whole process.

Somehow I can't imagine myself chinwagging with other enthusiasts about how many watts my electric motor draws and the regenerative capacity of the engine while coasting downhill or how long it takes my batteries to re-charge.
Why be normal?