Author Topic: Depart Dawson City Ride  (Read 378 times)

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Depart Dawson City Ride
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2018, 06:38:27 AM »
Dropped a line to see if Quinton was going to be around,  but he'll still be in Australia.
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Donovan

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 09:32:28 AM »
When Robbyn and I went to Stewart two years ago the Canadian customs agent said we would need passports to return.  So we did not get to Hyder.  Maybe she was just being boneheaded.  I would not mind going to Hyder but have no interest in getting Hyderized.

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:28 AM »
One more sleep.

In anticipation of riding the Stolen Sportster, put the signal lights and panniers back on, added the windshield, changed the air filter, changed the tyres, and lastly (Monday night), changed the oil.  Tuesday night ride revealed my belt too tight so I loosened it when I got home.  I also added a hose clamp to my rear exhaust heat shield.  Went for a ride and decided the Stolen Sportster was in fine form for an extended road trip.

Last night I was looking longingly at my bike in anticipation of the ride and WTF ...

I'm pretty sure this is just coming from my oil tank drain tube.  Hopefully all I need to do is tighten up the hose clamp or maybe cut off a bit of the tube so there's fresh rubber squeezing the plug.

Peace & Grease, Dennis

kaziff

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:52 AM »
Looked at Dawson City weather this morning, looks good for the next 7 days, highs of 16-20, only a small mention of the wet stuff

Sr.X

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2018, 07:20:12 AM »
Just heard on the local radio station that there is a Fathers Day ride to Hyder this weekend, the Terrace people are meeting the Smithers people at Kitwanga between 11 and 12. Should be a busy little town.
Later Bob

Shep

• Club Member
  • Life Happens -- Be There
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2018, 08:34:40 AM »
Enjoy the ride.
Be safe!
Shep
Shep

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2018, 09:18:14 AM »
I called the Rainey Creek Campground in Stewart and they are shut down.  The Bear Creek RV park is open though, and they have tenting spots.
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2018, 09:14:32 PM »
We're all still alive. Even still talking. Donovan's shifter is acting up a bit, but otherwise everything is going well.  In Whitehorse now.

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2018, 05:18:34 PM »
The rest of the boys are nearing their final stretch.  The plan today was for them to go from Ft Nelson to Ft St John.

Donovan

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 11:19:58 AM »
Well we made it back from the Yukon trip.  Wet riding Monday and half of Tuesday.  At least we had a dry and warm place to stay at in Fort St. John. 

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 01:35:55 PM »
I only took two photos of the entire trip.  If some get sent to me, I can post them. 

11 days total.  Lots of fun.

Peace & Grease, Dennis
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:30:49 AM by Dennis »

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2018, 02:24:13 PM »
Here's the link to my pictures....

https://photos.app.goo.gl/8iUoApebzfttDUYy7

ricther

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2018, 10:47:35 PM »
Hey! Rode into pg around 8:00 pm on 27th . With a buddy from FSJ. Great weather for last day of the Ride!  Rick   

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 08:03:49 PM »

Admin

• Administrator
  • BMW K75S
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2018, 11:37:21 AM »
Great photo's, quite the adventure you guys had.