Author Topic: Suggested Dates for Peace Country Loop Ride?  (Read 562 times)

Olafskii

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Suggested Dates for Peace Country Loop Ride?
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:33:53 AM »
I thought maybe the weekend of July 13-14-15 with a rain-date for the weekend of July 27-28-29.  Please advise your thoughts and opinions on these dates.  If you know of other events going on during this time, also let me know.  Attached is the updated ride poster.

Let me know.

Olaf

Donovan

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Suggested Dates for Peace Country Loop Ride?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:13:49 PM »
Looks good to me.

pbsmckinnon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 03:07:06 PM »
They have started construction on 5 new bridges in the Chetwynd area, please watch for signs, loose gravel and there may be wait times. Hopefully we will be around on the weekend you all come through.

pbsmckinnon

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:20:03 PM »
Hey guys, we are having a big car show in Dawson Creek this weekend, including a pancake breakfast Saturday morning. In case you are doing the Peace loop, we might see you there

Theo

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 10:54:04 AM »
Can anyone confirm the rumour that this ride will be next weekend, July 20th - July 22nd? Any other details would be appreciated as well: departure point, time, etc.

I'm not committed yet, just considering it. It'll be a last minute decision for me.

Theo.

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 04:02:52 PM »
If the weather is ok, then Friday the 20th.  I think it's meet at the Hart Timmies at 5pm, leave by 5:30 if I recall.  Ride to Zspmewhere around McLeod Lake for the evening. More details to be ironed out Tuesday.
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Theo

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 10:58:54 AM »
So, Sunday looks pretty good but Friday and Saturday are forecast to be rainy in most locations on the loop.
Still determined to go? I guess the decision will be made over coffee at Timmies on Friday evening?

Ted

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
It's a go, we're not made of sugar. 

We have covered lodging both Friday (Martin's) and Saturday (Trevor and Shonda's) night if it's damp. 

Looked at the forecast, it's changing by the hour....
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 06:05:40 PM »
Iím secretly hoping for a deluge Friday afternoon so this ride will be postponed until next weekend when I can come. 

Just kidding, but I am envious. 

Peace & Grease, Dennis

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 06:56:58 PM »
We went, we lived.  Link to pictures at the bottom.  Got to Martin's at about 7pm, rained steady from Bear Lake to Mcleod Lake.  Didn't bother stopping for raingear.  Martin has created a beautiful Garage-ma-hal.  He gave us a project, get his old New Hudson running.  The tank had petrified mixed fuel it it, it came out as chunks.  Cleaned the carb and fuel line, brazed a couple spots on the tank, replaced the sparkplug and she fired up right smartly. 

In the morning, we grabbed breakfast at Mackenzie Junction.  Guy left to head home.  At Azu RV park, Pat left us to head home, leaving Olaf, Clayton, Neil, and myself.  If drizzled a little bit, but then started to warm up.  Decided to go to the dam and took a walking tour.  A nice ride up the Peace Valley and we got to Trevor and Shawnda's place.  About an hour after we got there, the rain started, stopped, started... Settled in with a few drinks to see what the morning would bring, though we already had an idea. 

This morning it was UGLY!  We had planned to go through Tumbler to get home, but the weather made a different choice for us.  The rain finally stopped just before Mackenzie Junction, we stopped, dried up, warmed up, and then proceeded home.  Thanks much to our great hosts this weekend.

Pictures
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RVDdDxhFS4doV2jf8

Dennis

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 02:02:44 PM »
Late last week my wife decided we needed to look at a boat for sale in .... Creston.  We drove down Friday evening while you were enjoying your time at Martin's.

I got stopped in Golden for allegedly speeding.  Discovered that my licence expired May 17th.  That means I did the whole Dawson City trip with an expired licence.  Good thing I was not pulled over on that trip, because unlike Golden, I did not have my licenced wife to take over driving.

We meandered our way home and checked out some of the Kootenay/Okanogan roads I had not yet discovered.  Beautiful, slow and windy.

Terry Miller said he was thinking of checking out the Triumph Rally in Nelson this weekend.  I guess he didn't go, because I didn't seem him there.

Peace & Grease, Dennis

stevecrout

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2018, 08:00:19 AM »
On the license thing - I also had to renew mine this year so I wandered into the Penticton Motor Vehicle / Service BC and the nice lady took my information then returned shortly and said "I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is because you're over 65 you only have to pay $17 and not the usual $75.  The not so good news is I'm going to have to change your hair colour description from brown to grey"

Who says Government types don't have a sense of Ha Ha !
Why be normal?