Author Topic: Tire Source  (Read 159 times)

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Tire Source
« on: February 11, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
So, my FZ1 is nearing the end of life of it's tires, so I've been hitting up the usual sources to get an idea what I'm in for to replace them.  I'm planning on replacing them with the exact same thing (Michelin Pilot Road 4s).  I've gotten really good service out of those tires, put front on in 2014 before I did the Kootenay tour (2300km), the rear on right after. There is probably close to 10000km on the from and 7500ish on the rear.

I did the usual and checked out FortNine (Canada's Motorcycle) and got a quote of $427 for the set.  Another forum twigged me to go look at Pete's Superbike, https://www.petes-superbike.com, out of Quebec.  They offer the same tires for $381, so $46 less.  The rub is that Fortnine includes shipping and Pete's doesn't.  I'm going to find out what their shipping cost is this week and report back. 

May be a chance to save a few bucks anyway.  All the consumer reviews say this is a legit and well run outfit and they seem to have a good selection of tires.

Anybody have any other lines on tires?
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
Re: Tire Source
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:30:28 AM »
OK, checked out the final difference, it's $10 in favour of Pete's.  Pete's charges $25 to ship to PG and Fortnine gives a discount of $10 if you buy 2 tires.  So, close to a wash. 
I live with fear and danger everyday, but sometimes I leave her at home and go motorcycling.

Shep

• Club Member
  • Life Happens -- Be There
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 12:29:41 PM »
Did you check the price of snow/ice radials as we may need them in May this year!
S
Shep

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile

fj1200

• Forum Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:04:10 PM »
Nice thing about a goldwing is you can put a block heater in it. Nothing to do with tires... but fits withe snow ice and -30.

Shep

• Club Member
  • Life Happens -- Be There
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 07:46:56 AM »
Once you have the winter tires on, ride over for some hot chocolate!
Shep
Shep

Hans

• Club Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »
OK, so now I'm really getting serious about buying new tires.  I decided to change it up and look at Pilot RoadSmart III's.  Good reviews.  Order from Fortnine, they would be $392 for a pair.  from Pete's Superbike..... $331... so a $61 savings.